The University of Hawaiʻi is continuing its appeal of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) decision to ban the UH men’s basketball program from 2016–2017 postseason play. The ban was part of the sanctions announced by the NCAA in December 2015 after an investigation into the men’s basketball program under a former head coach. After UH filed its appeal in January 2016, the Committee on Infractions responded and UH filed a reply on Friday, April 8.
A decision from the Infractions Appeals Committee is expected within the next 60 to 90 days.
Background on the NCAA sanctions
- NCAA issues Notice of Allegations regarding UH men’s basketball program, January 31, 2015
- UH submits official response to NCAA Notice of Allegations, May 15, 2015
- UH responds to men’s basketball program NCAA sanctions (video), December 22, 2015
- UH appeals NCAA ruling on men’s basketball program (video), January 6, 2016
- UH appeals men’s basketball postseason ban, February 11, 2016