The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Performing Arts Center presents their 2016–2017 season with a variety of performances for the whole family. UH produces and presents a Season of Events as part of its mission to provide significant cultural and educational opportunities for the university and Big Island communities.
- September 16—Dance Collective
- September 21 —Okinawa Prefectural University of Arts
- March 2 —Hot Club of San Francisco: Meet Me In Paris
They Rose at Dawn” width=”174″ height=”260″ class=”alignright size-medium wp-image-49415″ />
This year’s season offerings include:
- September 28—Garry Krinsky: Toying with Science
- October 26—Christopher K. Morgan and Artists: Pohaku
- October 28—Marth Redbone presents Bone Hill—The Concert
- December 11—Holiday Card to Hilo: Christmas Around the World
- January 20—Black Arm Band: Dirtsong
- January 26—Jamie Adkins: Circus Incognitus
- February 3—Wonderheads: Loon
- February 22—Dobet Gnahore
- March 7—Aparna Ramaswamy presents They Rose at Dawn
- March 28—Compagnie Herve Koubi: What the Day Owes to the Night
- April 7–15—Evita
Performances begin at 7:30 p.m. with the exception of Holiday Card to Hilo and the matinee performance of Evita on April 9.
Tickets for the 2016–17 Season of Events may be purchased online 24/7 at the UH Hilo ticketing website.