The University of Hawaiʻi Federal Credit Union announced the continuation of the UHFCU Scholarship Program. The scholarship program creates a lasting legacy, potentially benefiting generations of students as well as the UH System. In 2017, UHFCU will grant a total of $10,000 in scholarships to five deserving students.
- The scholarships are established by the Board of Directors of UHFCU.
- $10,000 total—Made up of five $2,000 scholarships.
- Three of the scholarships are reserved for incoming freshmen. Two of the scholarships are for continuing undergraduate students.
- Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, board, transportation, etc.—essentially, the costs of attending a UH campus.
- February 1: The application process begins.
- April 17: Deadline to submit applications.
- May–June: Screening and scoring; finalists determined.
- July–August: Notification of award recipients; distribution of funds.
- Be a member of UHFCU or a family member thereof;
- Have applied or been accepted to a UH System campus as an undergraduate student, or be currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution on a full-time basis with intent to enroll in a UH System campus as an undergraduate student; and
- If awarded, become a member of UHFCU.
For more information on the UHFCU Scholarship Program, visit the website.