Alumni and friends from across the University of Hawaiʻi System are invited to a special evening of gourmet delight and holiday shopping at the UH Alumni Holiday Mingle and Jingle on Thursday, December 14, 5:30–8:30 p.m. at Lēʻahi Concept Kitchen.
Enjoy a gourmet concept experience by Kapiʻolani Community College’s nationally recognized culinary arts program and meet the culinary master and Kapiʻolani CC alumnus that leads Lēʻahi, Executive Chef Eddie Mafnas. Highlights of Chef Mafna’s concept menu for the evening include:
- Black pepper Kauaʻi shrimp with Big Island honey, plantains, tropical fruit salsa, Chamorro red rice and black pepper molasses
- Fresh island catch with ginger scallion crust, sweet corn succotash, Okinawan mash, sesame miso vinaigrette
- Ewa farms sweet corn cake with tomato salsa and tomatillo cream
Alumni-Made Pop-Up Boutique
In addition to the culinary delights, attendees can shop for holiday gifts at the Alumni-Made Pop-Up Boutique featuring the latest products made by local UH alumni artisans. Some of the vendors include:
- Kapiʻolani CC Culinary Arts Program—packaged delights created by future alumni of the program
- Kumumea (UH Hilo)
- Makalani Creations (Honolulu CC and Leeward CC)
- Malia Nakai Designs (UH Mānoa)
- Malorie Arisumi (UH Maui College)
- Sticks and Pōhaku (UH Mānoa)
- UH Mānoa Glass and Plants—creative collaboration from the College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources and the art department
- Windward CC visual arts program—art pieces created by alumni and friends
Pianist Keith Montross will perform timeless and heart-warming Christmas classics and other familiar tunes.
Admissions is $55 per person and includes heavy pūpū, tea/coffee and two alcoholic beverages as well as complimentary valet parking for up to four hours at Waikīkī Parc Hotel or Halekulani Hotel. Aloha/holiday attire requested.
To RSVP, please visit Eventbrite.
—By Kapiʻolani Ching