The Great Leaps Dance concert, featuring more than 100 student dancers from the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College, will take place April 27–28, 7:30 p.m. at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center.
- Senior project of Sharyse Molina performing to the music of Lady Gaga
- Nicole Monette presents her dance class of teens from Center Stage Dance Alliance in her choreography project to the music of Pink Floyd
- The UH Hilo Modern Dance II class will perform BLURBLE WERBLE, a work conceived by Annie Bunker in collaboration with visiting scholar Jeongha Kim and UH Hilo Performing Arts student Bridge Hartman
- Traditional courtly fan dancing and drum dance choreographed by visiting scholar Jeongha Kim
- The ballet classes’ upbeat numbers to “Singin’ in the Rain” and “Dancing in the Streets”
- Jazz Dance class with selections from The Greatest Showman choreographed by Kea Kapahua, in collaboration with Lawrence Mano
- Muriel Assi sharing her heritage in, “Africa: United,” showcasing high energy and stirring rhythms
- The UH Hilo Dance Ensemble highlights dances created by Sarah Dunawayand Mano
- Great Leaps Spring 2018 Preview:
Friday, April 27, 7:30 p.m.
- Great Leaps Spring 2018 Main Show:
Saturday, April 28, 7:30 p.m.
$5 Students with valid ID and children 17 and under
The spring 2018 shows are open seating events. To order tickets, contact the Box Office at (808) 932-7490 or order online.
For disability accommodation, contact Dori Yamada at least 10 business days prior to the event.