University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Interim Chancellor David Lassner presented an update for the proposed reorganization of the UH Mānoa administrative offices during a forum in the Art Auditorium on April 23.
The update included information on the proposed provost position, the recombination of the UH System president and UH Mānoa chancellor positions, and new administrative structures, with these key objectives:
- Strong and strategic enrollment management: recruitment and retention
- Deep integration of research and education, including undergraduate (”academic“ is inclusive of education and research)
- Focused support for both student academic success and student growth and development
- Clear accountability and responsibility for the academic enterprise
- No increase in executive management leadership positions
Lassner also answered questions from the forum audience.