The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa is continuing efforts to operate in a sustainable manner.
With classes not in session during the holiday season, UH Mānoa will “power down” participating buildings as part of the Mānoa Green Days program.
Power down specifics:
- Buildings participating in Mānoa Green Days will power down to minimize the use of air conditioning systems.
- Building safety systems, elevators, lighting systems and building power will continue to be operational.
- External building lighting will continue to operate normally.
- Buildings will shut down or reduced central air-conditioning will be monitored.
Mānoa Green Days schedule:
- Thanksgiving break: November 21 (Wednesday after 6 p.m.) through November 25, 2018 (Sunday)
- Voluntary power down: November 23, 2018 (Friday)
- Winter break: December 24, 2018 (Monday after 6 p.m.) through January 1, 2019 (Tuesday)
- Voluntary power down: December 26–31, 2018
Find updated details about the Mānoa Green Days program.