Abandoned on an island far away from his homeland of Kahiki, the young akua (god) Kāneʻāpua hitches a ride on the great canoe of Wahanui. But when the voyage begins, no one is ready for the obstacles they encounter, both natural and supernatural. To reach Kahiki, the young akua must overcome fear and allow his true power to manifest from within in this Hawaiian moʻolelo-inspired youth theatre performance.
Show dates and times:
- February 15 and 16 (Friday and Saturday), 7:30 p.m.
- February 17 (Sunday), 4 p.m.
- February 21 (Thursday), 4 p.m.
- February 22 and 23 (Friday and Saturday), 7:30 p.m.
- February 24 (Sunday), 4 p.m.
- (also featured at Palikū Arts Festival on April 6)
Running time is 50 minutes. Tickets can be purchased online.
For more information about The Epic Voyage of Kāneʻāpua, call (808) 235-7315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
—By Bonnie Beatson