University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Athletics set a school record for its Graduation Success Rate (GSR) according to the NCAA’s annual report. The report measures graduation rates of student-athletes who began enrollment during the 2012-13 academic year and graduated within six years.
UH student-athletes posted a four-year GSR of 88 percent, which topped last year’s previous best score of 85. The score matches the Division I national average, ranking UH third highest among schools in the Big West Conference behind Long Beach State and UC Davis (89).
Five of UH’s 21 sports earned perfect GSR scores and seven programs posted scores higher than their respective sports’ national average:
- Baseball (93, national average 84)
- Men’s tennis (100, national average 92)
- Women’s basketball (93, national average 91)
- Cross country/track and field (100, national average 91)
- Women’s golf (100, national average 95)
- Women’s tennis (100, national average 95)
- Women’s water polo (100, national average 95)