This message was shared with the faculty, and staff of the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa on March 29, 2020.
Aloha UH Manoa faculty and staff,
A number of adjustments regarding campus facilities will be made due to a significant drop in usage as a result of the university’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and state and county orders. Following President Lassner’s March 18 message, these changes include maximizing social distancing in accord with health guidelines. Thank you for your patience during this time.
Effective Monday, March 30, the following changes will be made affecting access to and operations of all UH Manoa upper campus buildings. These changes will reduce the workforce reporting to campus and allow personnel to focus on servicing areas that must remain open to support critical operations. Exceptions to these conditions will be made on a case-by-case basis to support research and other appropriate on-campus needs, while continuing to protect the health and safety of all employees.
In general, all upper campus buildings will:
- Be closed and locked until further notice. Occupants with keys will still be able to access the building. A notice will be posted on buildings that are closed.
- A limited number of buildings will remain open. These buildings will only have one entrance that is accessible during “regular” business hours (7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). A notice will be posted on the building to indicate which door is operable.
- For those buildings that are still open, only a limited number of restrooms will be open. A notice will be posted on the building to indicate which bathrooms are open and closed.
- For those buildings that are still open, there will be no trash pick-up in individual offices or other “private” areas like conference and meeting rooms. Trash will continue to be picked up in common areas (i.e., bathrooms, hallways, etc.).
- At this time, air conditioners are operating as normal, excluding some general classrooms. However, plans for air conditioner schedule changes are coming in the next two weeks.
If you are not able to access a building, please contact the Work Coordination Center at (808) 956-7134 (weekdays, 7 a.m to 4 p.m.), For after hours and weekends, contact the UH Mānoa Department of Public Safety at (808) 956-6911. For further questions, email email@example.com.
Your cooperation and kokua during this challenging time is greatly appreciated.
Mahalo Nui Loa,