Campus life has been quite different this semester, but despite the empty classrooms and quiet campus grounds, the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa spirit is louder than ever. UH Mānoa is calling upon its 17,000 students to draw even closer.
The UH Mānoa Office of Admissions, along with UH Student Media and the UH Mānoa Bookstore, have partnered to roll out two contests “Apart but Together” geared specifically for UH Mānoa students and graduating seniors.
- Open to all UH Mānoa students
- Enter to win a $500 scholarship
- Share photos or short video clips of study sessions, study breaks, mementos, food, UH gear, routines, new hobbies, a Zoom call or anything that reminds and connects you to campus, answering the question ‘how have you brought Mānoa home?’
- Submit online and tag #WarriorsFromHome
- Open to spring semester graduating seniors only
- Enter to win an UHM-azing swag bag + $50 bookstore gift card
- Share with photos or short video clips of your senior-selfie, words of encouragement to fellow classmates, anything that inspires and celebrates you, the graduating class of 2020.
- Submit online and tag #ManoaMemories
- Submissions will be featured on Mānoa Now and those submitted prior to May 15 may appear in the Ka Leo O Hawaiʻi May 19, 2020, print issue.
“We are excited to collaborate with both UH Student Media and the bookstore,” commented UH Mānoa Enrollment Marketing Manager Jennel Sesoko. “Creating opportunities such as this maintains a strong connection to our campus—not only for our students, but our campus community as a whole. Whether a first-year student or a senior graduating, we want to recognize our students and their UHM-azing Rainbow Warrior spirit.”
Director of UH Student Media Sandy Matsui said, “Although we may be physically apart via social distancing, Mānoa Now and the UH Mānoa student media programs want to celebrate the graduating class of 2020 together.”
All entries can be submitted online. Students must submit their entries no later than 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2020.