The newly established University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Testing Center (MTC) offers support services for UHMānoa faculty. MTC is a valuable resource for faculty adjusting to instruction in the age of COVID-19 and an unprecedented semester with more than 85 percent of all fall courses now online.
Faculty are encouraged to visit the website and consult the “Services by Instructor Type” tab to determine their course eligibility and available services. The requirement to have a final exam has been waived.
Depending on faculty eligibility listed by course type, the following services are offered:
- Instructor self-administered online remote proctor training sessions.
- Compensation allowances for additional proctors who are identified by instructors.
- Additional remote student proctors for eligible online exams.
- In-person synchronous exams for students who are unable to meet online remote testing requirements.
- A method for students to “find their own proctor” if they are unable to meet online remote testing requirements AND are unable to come into MTC. Instructor and MTC approvals required.
- In-person make-up exams for eligible courses.
Although MTC may provide additional services, instructors are responsible for creating their own online exams and are expected to run the remote proctoring session through Zoom. MTC will not be responsible for running exam proctoring for an entire class in lieu of instructors.
Online courses must have online exams. Instructors can offer an in-person option but cannot require it. Instructors may not require students to pay for professional online remote proctoring services.
If you would like to volunteer to be a proctor for the Mānoa Testing Center, please visit the MTC website.