The University of Hawaiʻi is welcoming fans back to UH sporting events on the Mānoa campus as state and county COVID-19 restrictions now allow for 1,000 spectators at outdoor venues and 500 spectators at indoor events. Fans are required to be fully vaccinated (and upload their vaccination information at least three days prior to the event), utilize the LumiSight UH daily health check app to enter sporting events and wear masks at all times.
The first events with fans on campus will be the Rainbow Warrior football game on Saturday, October 23 against New Mexico State and the Rainbow Wahine volleyball match on Friday, October 29 versus UC Davis. Tickets are sold out to both events due to the limited crowd capacity.
Parking on gameday
Fans with tickets are encouraged to pre-purchase parking passes online prior to game day. For fans with tickets who do not pre-purchase, parking pay stations that only accept credit cards will be available in the Music, Law School and Klum Gym parking lots near the parking structure. There will be no gate attendants and vehicles without proper parking passes will be ticketed.
Fans should park in the parking structure on lower campus (enter via Waiʻalae Avenue or Dole Street). Access through the “Varsity Gate” to the lower campus from Varsity Circle is for VIP parking pass holders only.
For the UH football game on October 23, parking opens on campus at 3 p.m. The gates to the Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex open at 4 p.m.
UH COVID-19 guidelines
All attendees are required to follow UH COVID-19 guidelines when on campus:
- You must be fully vaccinated (at least two weeks after the last dose of COVID-19 vaccine).
- You must download and use the LumiSight UH daily health check app.
- Vaccination information must be uploaded to the LumiSight UH app.
- Upload vaccination card at least 3 days before the first game or match to allow time for verification.
- On the day of the event, you must complete the LumiSight UH daily health screening for COVID-19 symptoms and possible exposure.
- Everyone must present the green “You may report to campus” status with the current date on the app to enter the Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex and the SimpliFi Arena at Stan Sheriff Center.
- Wear face masks at all times at the event except when drinking water.
- A complete list of fan requirements is available at HawaiiAthletics.com.
There will be no food or drinks available for purchase in the Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex or the Stan Sheriff Center, except for bottled water, which will be sold throughout the complex.
No loitering on game day
Those without tickets on game day will not be allowed to loiter around the UH athletic complex facilities, parking structure or upper campus. Fans are NOT allowed to tailgate anywhere on campus. Honolulu Police Department and UH Mānoa Public Safety officers will be patrolling the area, including student housing, asking those who should not be there to leave.