University of Hawaiʻi President David Lassner provided the latest on UH’s response to COVID-19 in his monthly report today, May 19, at the Board of Regents meeting at Honolulu Community College. Lassner cited the increase in positive cases in the state when explaining why the mask requirement for educational spaces will remain in place for the summer sessions.
He also provided progress reports on the tenure working group and Strategic Planning Initiative, discussed pay increases for employees and student employees and highlighted a five-year, $20 million National Science Foundation grant awarded to UH to fund research and capacity building in support of actionable climate science.
- Mahalo to host Honolulu Community College (video)
- COVID-19 update (video)
- Tenure working group update (video)
- Strategic Planning Initiative progress report (video)
- Employee collective bargaining agreements (video)
- Raises for student employees (video)
- Higher payscale for graduate assistants (video)
- Fall 2022 enrollment down slightly (video)
- $499 million in research funding (video)
- $20 million NSF award for data science (video)
- Zero-cost textbook project (video)