Two finalists have been identified to fill the University of Hawaiʻi associate vice president for student affairs (AVPSA) position that reports directly to the vice president for academic strategy and provides leadership in the design, implementation, evaluation, administration and management of policies, programs and initiatives related to student affairs and student success across the UH System.
Students, faculty and staff from all UH campuses are encouraged to attend the virtual presentations and Q&A sessions for these candidates as scheduled:
Saovra “Sy” Ear, August 9, 2022, at 8 a.m. to 8:50 a.m. HST (presentation Zoom link)
- Dean, basic and transitional studies, Seattle Central College, WA
- Interim vice president, student services, Highline College, WA
- Interim vice president, student services, Edmonds Community College, WA
- Dean, enrollment & entry services, Edmonds Community College, WA
- Director, career and advising, Green River College, WA
Farrah-Marie Gomes, August 10, 2022, at 2 p.m. to 2:50 p.m. HST (presentation Zoom link)
- Vice chancellor for student affairs, UH Hilo
- Interim associate vice president for student affairs, UH System
- Interim dean, College of Continuing Education and Community Service, UH Hilo
- Director, North Hawaiʻi Education and Research Center, UH Hilo
- Research associate, UH Hilo
“As an important system-wide position, I hope that faculty, staff and students from all campuses will consider attending and providing feedback. I thank the search advisory committee for their work in interviewing our top candidates from an excellent pool of applicants,” said Vice President for Academic Strategy Debora Halbert.
Following the virtual campus visits and feedback from the AVPSA search committee, UH community and governance groups, Halbert will be making a recommendation on this appointment to UH President David Lassner.
Please mark your calendars and visit the UH System Executive Search website for more information regarding this position and search, including the finalists’ biographies, CVs, virtual visit schedules and Zoom link, and upcoming feedback form.