With fall 2022 approaching, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Commuter Services is excited to introduce two new features to campus and provide reminders to “Move with Aloha” for this upcoming semester.
Welcome “Welina” Hubs
You may have noticed friendly staff in bright pink “Need Help? Ask Me!” shirts. This fall semester, the green kiosks on East-West Road and Maile Way were converted into Welcome “Welina” Hubs staffed with our Campus Services Ambassador Team. They help to provide information and directions to the UH community and campus visitors. The Commuter Services Ambassador Team will also be in the field, walking around campus assisting people with general questions.
“I enjoy helping people get where they need to go,” said Jeddie Cabasag, Campus Service Ambassador Team member and UH Mānoa junior.
“With the return back to school, we wanted to provide a warm and helpful welcome from the first person that people may meet on campus,” said Cate Matsushima, Commuter and Fleet Services manager.
Courtesy Express Parking stalls
Along with the Welcome Hubs, Courtesy Express Parking stalls will be available on campus this fall. Need to pick up your books and supplies at the UH Mānoa Bookstore, or grab a bite to eat at Campus Center? The new Courtesy Express Parking stalls are perfect for quick errands of 15 minutes or less. These express stalls are located near Campus Center at the end of Correa Road in the parking lot between Campus Center and the Art Building (see map online).
“It’s these enhancements that we hope will create a friendlier customer service experience for those who visit our campus,” Matsushima said.
In addition, Commuter Services would like to remind everyone about the various alternative transportation options. With UH’s commitment to reducing its carbon footprint and supporting sustainable modes of transportation, commuters who live within three miles of campus are encouraged to consider alternative means of transportation, including walking as a healthy and eco-friendly option.
The Rainbow Shuttle is another sustainable option that UH Mānoa makes available at no charge with a valid UH ID.
- There is one route for the Rainbow Shuttle this fall (detailed route information). Real-time shuttle tracking information can be viewed at the UHM Shuttle Tracker site.
- All shuttles are air-conditioned, ADA-compliant, and equipped with bike racks.
- To ride the Rainbow Shuttle, you will be required to show a valid UH ID.
For people who bike, we offer:
- More than 50 free bike racks on campus.
- Docked Biki stations.
For those who ride mopeds and motorcycles:
- Parking permits are available for zones on both upper and lower campus.
- Permits can easily be purchased online.
For more alternative transportation options that will fit your lifestyle, visit Commuter Services.
- If you must drive, please understand that up to 26,000 affiliates access our campus daily, filling parking lots and structures to capacity by mid-morning. Check the Commuter Services website or social media accounts for campus traffic updates.
- To learn more about parking permits for UH students, faculty and staff, visit the website at the end of each semester or contact your parking coordinator for more information.
- Off-campus parking locations are available with special rates for users with a valid UH ID.
However you get to campus, Commuter Services asks that you Move with Aloha!