President David Lassner provided an update on enrollment for the campuses in the spring semester. He also provided updates on information regarding the chemical spills on Maunakea and Haleakalā and testimony and information provided during the current state legislative session in his monthly report on February 16 at the Board of Regents meeting at UH Maui College.
Lassner also discussed extramural funding, early college enrollment and the UH Mānoa athletics director search.
- Update on faculty classification review (video)
- Spring 2023 enrollment increased at UH Mānoa (+0.5%), UH West Oʻahu (+1.3%), Hawaiʻi CC (+3.1%), Honolulu CC (+3.8%) and Windward CC (+2.9%) (video)
- Leeward CC has more than 1,100 Early College students, Pacific Islander enrollment up 14.7% (video)
- Extramural funding $355 million at this point this academic year (video)
- Independent assessment of UH Mānoa Athletics expected to be done at the end of February (video)
- Kumukahi graves not on UH property, but UH is working with ancestors on a burial treatment plan (video)
- UH Mānoa Athletics Director search launched, Provost Michael Bruno and Susan Eichor of aio will lead the search advisory committee (video)
- Spill investigations on Haleakalā and Maunakea (video)
- 176 testimonies submitted to the Legislature so far and with 16 individual information requests totaling 4,900 pages of responses (video)