President David Lassner background and an update on the SCR 201 Tenure Task Force at today’s Board of Regents (BOR) meeting at Kapiʻolani Community College. The task force was officially established by the legislature to “examine and assess” the faculty tenure system.
Lassner also updated extramural funding, provided data from a national report on university leadership diversity and the latest on the UH esports teams.
Also at today’s BOR meeting, the regents approved Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters for legendary kumu Edith Kekuhikuhipuʻuoneonāaliʻiōkohala Kenao Kanakaʻole, Frank Kawaikapuokalani Hewett and Jerald Kimo Alama Keaulana.
The board also approved an agreement that clears the way for a new student housing facility on the UH Mānoa campus tentatively scheduled to open in fall 2025.
- Tenure project update (video)
- Extramural funding down 7% compared to 2022 (video)
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education Pacific Islands visit (video)
- Marshall Islands master’s degree program impact (video)
- UH esports update—Kauaʻi CC shines, South Korea trip planned (video)