Eight University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa student-athletes—three male and five female—were selected to the College Sports Communicators Academic At-Large All-District Team.
- Kanaʻi Akana, men’s volleyball, senior,
- Kaylee Glagau, beach volleyball, junior,
- Hyeonji Kang, women’s golf, sophomore,
- Tyler Ogawa, men’s golf, sophomore,
- Jakob Thelle, men’s volleyball, senior,
- Mayumi Umezu, women’s golf, sophomore,
- Emma van Rossum, water polo, senior,
- Brooke Van Sickle, beach volleyball, graduate student
In order to be eligible, a student-athlete must be a starter or important reserve with at least a 3.50 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) at his or her current institution. All student-athletes who meet the requirements can be named to the at-large all-district team, however schools are limited to just five male and five female honorees. At-large candidates come from a pool of more than a dozen NCAA-sponsored sports, which includes men’s volleyball, women’s beach volleyball, women’s water polo and men’s and women’s golf at UH Mānoa.
Read more at hawaiiathletics.com