UH receives strong interest from developers in construction of Phase I of UH West Oahu campusUniversity of Hawaiʻi
Office of Capital Improvements
Kristen Bonilla, (808) 956-5039
External Affairs & University Relations
HONOLULU — The University of Hawaiʻi has received a strong response to its request for private developers to construct the first phase of its West Oʻahu campus on a 500-acre site in Kapolei. The university intends to offer development rights to up to 320 acres of non-campus lands, with the expectation that the proceeds will fund the development of the campus and its associated infrastructure.
"We are very pleased with the depth and breadth of the qualifications of the developers who have indicated interest," said UH West Oʻahu Acting Chancellor Linda Johnsrud. "Although we are just beginning the review process, it appears that the pool of applicants includes teams with both the financial means and the experience to build the campus and develop the adjacent land."
The developers who have submitted their qualifications to the university are:
· Actus Lend Lease LLC/A&B Properties, Inc. of Honolulu;
· Concord Eastridge, Inc. of Phoenix, Arizona;
· A team comprised of Hawaiian Island Homes, Ltd., PER, Inc., and private investors;
· Hughes Development, LP of Dallas, Texas;
· Hunt ELP, Ltd. of El Paso, Texas and Honolulu;
· MW Group, Ltd. of Honolulu; and
· UniDev, LLC of Bethesda, Maryland.
The developers have formed teams with well established architectural, construction, financial and other firms from Hawaiʻi and the mainland. The short list of finalists is expected to be announced on February 18, 2005.
For more information, visit: http://www.hawaii.edu/oci