Celebrate Homecoming Week 2010University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Posted: Oct 21, 2010
The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa kicks off Homecoming Week 2010 on O‘ahu from Oct. 25-31. A full week of activities at UH Mānoa includes a Homecoming Fair on Friday, Oct. 29, on Bachman Lawn, special Homecoming athletic events and more.
Alumni Nights — UH Alumni Association’s paid members will receive a special “Alumni Night” discount of 50% off ticket prices (maximum of eight) to the Homecoming football and volleyball games. A valid UHAA membership card is required when purchasing tickets at the Stan Sheriff Center or the Aloha Stadium (football only) box offices. Tickets are in special sections and supplies are limited. Other restrictions may apply. For details, please visit UHalumni.org/athletics.
Friday, Oct. 29
- 3:30–6:30 p.m., UH Mānoa Homecoming Fair, Bachman Hall lawn. Live entertainment by Kapena, music by KTUH deejays, food, games and more! Event is free and open to UH Mānoa students, staff, faculty and alumni.
- 7 p.m. (immediately following the Homecoming Fair), Women’s Volleyball vs. Boise State, Stan Sheriff Center.
Saturday, Oct. 30
- 5:30 p.m., Warrior Football vs. University of Idaho, Aloha Stadium.
Other events being held in celebration of Homecoming 2010 include:
Monday, Oct. 25–Saturday, Oct. 30
- 10:30 a.m.–5 p.m., Musings of Mystery and Alphabets of Agony: The Work of Edward Gorey, Art Gallery.
Wednesday, Oct. 27
- 3–5 p.m., College of Social Sciences Telecommunications and Information Policy Group and the Pan-Pacific Education and Communication Experiments by Satellite (TIPG/PEACESAT) host an inter-cultural and inter-disciplinary video teleconference, streamed live online at: http://www.homecoming.tipg.net.
- 4:30–8 p.m., School of Architecture presents a pumpkin carving esquisse by UH Mānoa American Institute of Architecture Students, pumpkin decorating activities for kids and a scary movie, Architecture Courtyard.
- 5:30–9 p.m., Academy for Creative Media “State of Aloha” documentary screening and reception, Law School classroom 2.
Thursday, Oct. 28
- 5:30–7 p.m. School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene presents lecture: The Meaning of Nursing and nursing simulation lab tours, Art Auditorium 132.
Friday, Oct. 29
- 12–2 p.m., College of Education Halloween Spooky Food and Costume Contest, COE courtyard fronting University Avenue.
- 1:30–7 p.m., Golden Scholars Reunion honoring the class of 1960 alumni, Heritage Reading Room, Gregg M. Sinclair Library .
- 3:30–7 p.m., Back to Business event featuring two lectures and a networking reception with Shidler alumni, Shidler College of Business.
- 4–6 p.m., Travel Industry Management reception and online auction with alumni and friends, George Hall 201 (Sunset Reference Center).
Friday, Oct. 29–Sunday, Oct. 31
- Parent and Family Relations presents the first Family Weekend held in conjunction with Homecoming 2010, UH Mānoa campus.
Sunday, Oct. 31
- 12–6 p.m. Extended gallery hours. Musings of Mystery and Alphabets of Agony: The Work of Edward Gorey, Art Gallery.
- 12–8:30 p.m., Art Gallery presents An Edward Gorey Haunted Mystery FamilySoirée,a fun day of hands-on art activities, films, and costume contests for children and adults, Art Building.
- 5 p.m., Women’s Volleyball vs. New Mexico State, Stan Sheriff Center.
For more information on UH Mānoa Homecoming activities, visit: