Community Tech Fair at Kapiʻolani Community CollegeKapiʻolani Community College
Director, College Relations, Office for College and Community Relations
Kapiʻolani Community College is teaming up with technology companies, local organizations and student clubs for hands-on, how-to demonstrations and activities that focus on the daily use of technology. The Community Tech Fair will feature on-site demonstrations and exhibits of practical technology devices such as smartphones, tablets, DSLR (digital single-lens reflex) and mirrorless cameras, virtual reality, video games and other smart devices.
The Community Tech Fair is on Saturday, April 7, from 1–4 p.m. on the Kapiʻolani CCcampus in the ʻŌhiʻa Building. This event is free and open to the public.
Included will be:
- Microsoft: Experiment with virtual reality, mixed reality, Xbox, Surface Pro and Paint 3D.
- Office Depot: Bring your sensitive paper documents to shred and test-drive different shredders. Learn about all the document security options available at Office Depot. Ask about the Office Depot Rewards Program.
- Oʻahu Makerspace: Get info about membership, tools and classes.
- T-Mobile: Learn about T-Mobile Tuesdays, loT and more.
- Eyes of Hawaiʻi: Bring your camera and take a photo walk led by Eyes of Hawaiʻi, a photography organization.
- Hawaiʻi Mach and Apple Users Society: Take a quick snapshot with your iPhone or iPad, panorama, HDR (high dynamic range), or “life” photo, and edit it with built-in tools to make it even better. Choose a photo in your photos collection and change it to a beautiful sketch.
- International-Themed Breakout Room, The Inheritance: Work with friends or join others in this fun 45-minute game of solving puzzles to open locks toward your inheritance.
- Hawaiian Hope: Learn how to keep your computer secure, keep junk viruses away and dispose of e-waste (bring your old desktops, laptops and mobile devices).
- Kapiʻolani Community College STEM students: Make your own LED keychain and create your own 3D printed smartphone stand.
- Hawaiʻi Advanced Technology Society: Stay vigilant with cybersecurity knowledge from the society’s Kapiʻolani CCstudents.
- Canon: Q&A about cameras and accessories.
- Hawaiʻi State Public Library System: Discover Ancestry.com, Mango Languages and online courses ranging from digital scrapbooking to Microsoft Windows Server Administration.
- Zoom: Video conferencing demonstration for personal or business conferencing.
Attendees are encouraged to bring their own smartphones, tablets, laptops and cameras. This event is student-friendly and community-friendly space.