UH West Oʻahu to honor graduates at fall commencement on Dec. 8University of Hawaiʻi-West Oʻahu
Dir of Comm, Chancellor's Office/Public Relations & Marketing
KAPOLEI --- Graduates, family, and friends will celebrate fall 2018 commencement exercises on Saturday, December 8. Nearly 300 students will earn bachelor’s degrees and certificates during a 9 a.m. ceremony at the UH West Oʻahu Lower Courtyard. Waipahu principal Keith Hayashi will give the keynote address.
Chancellor Maenette K.P. Ah Nee-Benham will preside over the ceremony. University of Hawai‘i System President David Lassner and University of Hawai‘i Board of Regent Randolph G. Moore will be on hand to congratulate the graduates.
UH West O‘ahu graduates will receive their baccalaureate in applied sciences, business administration, education, humanities, public administration and social sciences during the commencement ceremony. Graduates will also receive certificates in various programs including applied forensic anthropology, disaster preparedness and emergency management, health care administration, music, risk management and insurance, substance abuse and addictions studies, and democratic principles and social justice.
The commencement ceremony will be streamed live on the UH West O‘ahu website at westoahu.hawaii.edu.
UH West O‘ahu Fall 2018 Commencement details:
- Family and friends are welcome to attend commencement in the UH West O‘ahu Lower Courtyard.
- No tickets will be issued.
- Guests may arrive at 7:30 a.m. The seating area will be closed off once it reaches maximum capacity.
- The parking lot is expected to fill to capacity. Parking passes will be distributed to the candidates for graduation.
- Lei vendors will be on site.
- Balloons and strollers are not allowed in the commencement seating area for safety reasons.
- A first-aid station will be available.
- A UH West Oʻahu Bookstore tent will be on site selling UH West Oʻahu merchandise.
- Graduates may greet guests following the ceremony at approximately 10:30 a.m. at the UH West O‘ahu Great Lawn near alphabetical signs.
About the University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu
Established in 1976, the University of Hawaiʻi–West O‘ahu is an indigenous-serving institution that offers quality education, small class sizes, and personalized attention. UH West O‘ahu has the newest bachelor's degree-granting campus in the University of Hawaiʻi System, serving more than 3,000 students with academic programs that emphasize interdisciplinary and cross-cultural studies. For more information, visit westoahu.hawaii.edu, call (808) 689-2800 or toll-free (866) 299-8656. Find us on Facebook and Twitter.