Health, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
The Hawaiʻi Employer-Union Health Benefits Trust Fund (EUTF) is a department under the State Department of Budget and Finance that is governed by a Board of Trustees to provide health benefits for State and county government employees.
The University’s contribution towards the cost of your health care plans is negotiated through the collective bargaining process; the employee’s cost is the remaining portion of the health care plan’s monthly premiums.
Employees have the option of paying their health care plan premiums on a pre-tax or post-tax basis through payroll deduction.
Understanding Your Benefits
- Review the EUTF Reference Guide
- Review online PowerPoints/videos to understand your EUTF health plan:
- To be eligible for EUTF health benefits, the employee must be employed in a position working 20 or more hours per week and for at least 3 months.
- Eligible employees have a choice of health insurance plans – medical, prescription drug, chiropractic, dental and vision and group life insurance.
Enrollment & Changes
- Employees have 30 days to enroll from the date of eligibility or must wait until the next open enrollment period.
- There is no waiting period – employees, spouses, civil union partners or domestic partners and dependents of employees are covered from the first day of employment, contingent on enrollment.
- To enroll, complete an EC-1 Enrollment Form for New Employees & Changes and submit it to your HR Representative for verification and routing to EUTF.
Monthly Premium Rates
- Effective July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018
The Premium Conversion Plan (PCP) provides health care plan participants with an opportunity to save tax dollars and make the most of their paychecks. Employees who are enrolled in any health care plan offered through the EUTF that qualifies under the PCP rules may participate and increase their take home pay by paying their health premium contribution on a pre-tax basis.
Enrollment changes must be made within 30 days from the effective date (except birth of a child is within 180 days). To make changes, complete the EC-1: Enrollment Form for Active Employees and the Premium Conversion Plan Election Change Form – PCP-2 (required when change in personal status or adding or deleting a dependent or coverage) and submit it to your HR Representative for processing.
Detailed information regarding your health benefits is available on the EUTF website.
The federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) expanded access to insurance, increased consumer protection, emphasized prevention and wellness, improved quality and system performance, expanded the health workforce, and curbed rising health care cost. Information about the ACA may be found in the Affordable Care Act Employee Notice.