Classification, Compensation and Performance Evaluation
- The Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) positions include professional, non-faculty type positions that require a baccalaureate degree such as research associates, educational specialists, administrative officers, auxiliary and facilities services officers, and human resources specialists.
- The APT classification structure consists of broad career groups and descriptive functional titles. The career groups are intentionally broad and designed to be liberally interpreted to encompass a range of positions characteristic of a field of endeavor or subject area. Functional titles describe a position’s work in terms of the primary purpose, nature, complexity and role of work.
- The APT positions are assigned to 1 of 4 pay bands based on work complexity and scope of responsibility.
- The Vice Presidents and Chancellors are delegated authority to classify APT positions.
Learn more about each of the APT Career Groups : (UH login required)
- Academic Support
- Allied Health and Safety
- Enterprise Operations
- Facilities Planning and Design
- Information Technology
- Institutional Support
- Instructional and Student Support
- Legal Affairs
- Media Design and Production
- Physical Plant Management
- Public Information, Public Events Planning and Publications
- Research Support
- The APT broadband salary schedule is negotiated with the exclusive representative and is used to determine salary placement within the broadband system.
- The salary placement of APT new hires is commensurate with relevant education and training, years and quality of relevant experience and other qualifications. Based on the assessment of credentials by the dean/director, the vice president/chancellor is authorized to approve the salary placement.
- Special compensation adjustments may be authorized for APT employees when appropriate, justified and funding is available.
- The standard evaluation period for APT employees is November through October.
- Supervisors create performance expectations, provide feedback and complete evaluations online in the Performance Evaluation System. See the APT Performance Evaluation guide and checklists (UH login required) for more information.