UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- Executive Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Procedures (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived AP
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Administrative Procedure 8.611 Administrative Procedure 8.611
Administrative Procedure Chapter 8, Business and Finance
Administrative Procedure AP 8.611, Account Code
Effective Date: May 2016
Prior Dates Amended: December 2001, July 1987
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer
Governing Board and/or Executive Policy: EP 1.102, Authority to Manage and Control the Operations of the Campus
Review Date: May 2019
To describe the structure and purpose of the University’s account code.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Administrative Procedure
A. Account Code – The account code is a unique seven (7) digit number representing a functional unit established for the specific purpose with one individual having primary responsibility for it. It monitors the financial activities for a functional unit. There are two (2) types of data maintained for an account, attribute and dollar data.
1. Attribute Data – Non-dollar descriptive information associated with an account allowing reporting flexibility.
2. Dollar Data – Dollar values associated with an account providing the financial information.
The account code ranges in the Kuali Financial System (KFS) are listed in Attachment 1.
B. Attributes – Non-dollar descriptive data associated with an account of the functional unit for which transactions originate. Attribute information can be viewed through the lookup and maintenance screens in KFS. See the Chart of Accounts (COA) Attributes Table for descriptions of each attribute in Attachment 2.
C. Payroll Accounts – Processing transactions through the KFS requires a thirteen (13) digit code which consists of the seven (7) digit account code and four (4) digit object code and two (2) digit chart code. However, processing payroll transactions through the State Payroll System requires a twelve (12) digit account code structure as shown in Attachment 3.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no administrative specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
General Accounting and Loan Collection, 956-8278, or email@example.com
• Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
• Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
Attachment 1: KFS Account Code Ranges
Attachment 2: Chart of Account Attributes
Attachment 3: Payroll Twelve Digit Account Code Structure
Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer
May 20, 2016
TopicsNo Topics found.