UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- Executive Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Procedures (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived AP
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Administrative Procedure 8.808 Administrative Procedure 8.808
Bank Wire Transfer
Administrative Procedure Chapter 8, Business and Finance
Administrative Procedure AP 8.808, Bank Wire Transfer
Effective Date: February 2016
Prior Dates Amended: March 2007
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer
Governing Board and/or Executive Policy: EP 1.102, Authority to Manage and Control the Operations of the Campus
Review Date: February 2019
To provide procedures for the processing of an order to pay funds electronically by wire. A bank wire transfer is a message to the receiving bank requesting them to effect payment in accordance with the instructions given. Wire transfers can be made to U.S. (domestic) or foreign (international) banking institutions.
A. Wire Transfer - Bank transfer of funds where the account balance is electronically transferred from one bank to the other.
B. Wire Transfer Form - Form used to request a transfer of funds by electronic means from the University’s bank account to the vendor’s bank.
III. Administrative Procedure
1. University departments – University departments are responsible for obtaining the required information regarding fees for services provided or goods received. The payee should be an authorized Federal Reserve institution rather than the actual vendor (to which the purchase order/disbursement voucher/contract is issued).
2. Disbursing Office – The Disbursing Office is responsible for reviewing the transfer payment order form for the accuracy of the UHGA account information and coordinating between the University and the receiving institution.
B. General Procedures
1. Department should coordinate with the Disbursing Office two days prior to the desired date of the wire transfer to ensure that the transfer can be processed without delay.
2. Department should complete the information on the wire transfer form (Attachment 1).
3. For detailed procedures on processing wire transfers, please refer to the link under References.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no administrative specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Disbursing Office, 956-8575, or email@example.com
Wire Transfer Procedures: http://www.fmo.hawaii.edu/payment_reimb/docs/wire_transfer_procedures_2.pdf
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
Attachment 1: Wire Transfer Form
Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer
February 29, 2016