UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- Executive Policies
- Current Procedures
- Abolished Procedures (Post Oct. 2014)
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Archived AP
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Administrative Procedure 8.681 Administrative Procedure 8.681 abolished on 2016-05No current Procedure.
Cancellation of University of Hawaii General Account Checks
Administrative Procedure Chapter 8, Business and Finance
Administrative Procedure AP 8.681, Cancellation of University of Hawai‘i General Account Checks
Effective Date: March 2016
Prior Dates Amended: July 2001
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer
Governing Board and/or Executive Policy: EP 1.102, Authority to Manage and Control the Operations of the Campus
Review Date: August 2018
To describe the process to record the cancellation of a University of Hawai‘i General Account (UHGA) check. A check may need to be cancelled (voided) for various reasons, such as errors in the payee name, amount, or other discrepancies.
Check - A check issued from the UHGA at the Bank of Hawai‘i. Except for payroll and checks issued by the State of Hawai‘i, all University payments regardless of funds are made from the UHGA.
III. Administrative Procedure
A. Fiscal Administrator Responsibilities
1. Fiscal administrators void checks by writing "VOID" across the face of the original check.
2. Fiscal administrators prepare the Stop Payment/Cancellation Request Form, GALC-625. The completed GALC-625 and voided check (if available), are submitted to General Accounting and Loan Collection (GALC) for processing.
B. General Accounting and Loan Collection (GALC) Responsibilities
1. GALC will cancel the check in the Kuali Financial System (KFS) upon receipt of the GALC-625 form.
2. The cancellation of a check from prior year general funds reverts to the State Treasury. All other funds held within the University of Hawai‘i reverts to the original fund.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no administrative specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
General Accounting and Loan Collection, 956-8278, or firstname.lastname@example.org
VI. ReferencesView version abolished on: 2016-05-19
A. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
B. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
Attachment 1: GALC-625, Stop Payment/Cancellation/Reissue Request
Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer
March 18, 2016
Topicscheck; UHGA; void