UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 6.206 Executive Policy 6.206
State of Hawai‘i B Plus Scholarship Program
Executive Policy Chapter 6, Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
Executive Policy EP 6.206, State of Hawai‘i B Plus Scholarship Program
Effective Date: October 2014
Prior Dates Amended: October 2007, October 2008
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
Governing Board of Regents Policy RP 6.205, State of Hawai‘i B Plus Scholarship Program
Review Date: August 2018
To establish and promulgate guidelines and procedures for campuses to implement the State of Hawai‘i B Plus Scholarship Program.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Executive Policy
To be eligible, recipients must have:
1. Graduated from a public high school in the State of Hawai‘i;
2. Earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher based on high school transcripts
3. Complete a rigorous high school curriculum (as defined in attached guidelines) or earned a Board of Education (BOE) Recognition Diploma);
4. Demonstrated financial need according to the Federal financial aid guidelines for students via completion and submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form;
5. Proven to be a bona fide Hawai‘i resident for tuition purposes;
6. Be admitted and attend as freshmen in the fall semester immediately following graduation from high school; and
7. Beginning with the 2014-2015 academic year, be enrolled as a full-time classified undergraduate.
B. Length of Award
Awards shall be granted for an academic year (fall and spring semesters) or a semester.
Depending on available funding, scholarships may be renewed for students who maintain satisfactory progress in their college matriculation.
1. Scholarship recipients attending a baccalaureate campus of the University may be renewed for an additional three years while recipients attending a University community college may be renewed for an additional year.
2. To qualify for renewal, scholarship recipients must maintain a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.00 at their home campus.
3. As part of promoting college completion on a timely basis, scholarship recipients who complete a minimum of 30 credits in the regular year may be given preference over those who complete less than the minimum amount in the year including credits earned through early college programs like advanced placement, running start, etc.
4. For unusual and extenuating circumstances, an extension of a maximum additional year may be approved by the campus senior student affairs officer in consultation with the campus financial aid director.
D. Amount of Award
The annual or term award amount shall be determined annually by the system senior student affairs officer in consultation with campus senior student affairs officers. The value of the scholarship shall not exceed the cost of attendance for the semester or academic year at the home campus.
IV. Delegation of Authority
Responsibility for implementation of this policy shall rest with the chancellor of each campus and is further delegated to the campus senior student affairs officers.
V. Contact Information
Subject Matter Experts
Office of the Vice President for Academic Planning and Policy
Office of the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs at telephone number 956-8753 or by email at email@example.com
A. Hawaii Revised Statutes 304A-2159; Act 178, SLH 2005 (HB100_hd1_sd1_cd1)
B. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
C. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.