UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
7. Student Affairs
- 101. Delegation of Authority
- 102. Delegation of Authority to Negotiate and Establish Housing Rate for Conference
- 201. National Student Exchange Program
- 202. Clinical Health and Mental Health Services
- 205. Systemwide Student Disciplinary Sanctions
- 206. Procedure for Concurrent Registration
- 207. Systemwide Student Association
- 208. Systemwide Student Conduct Code
- 301. International Student Health Insurance
- 302. Preferred Name
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 7.206 Executive Policy 7.206
Procedure for Concurrent Registration
Executive Policy Chapter 7, Student Affairs
Executive Policy EP 7.206, Procedures for Concurrent Registration
Effective Date: October 2014
Prior Dates Amended: January 2001; February 1987 (est)
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
Governing Board of Regents Policy RP 5.214, Student and Credit Transfer within the University
Review Date: August 2018
A. To establish a procedure to allow for the full and effective utilization of the academic and non-academic resources of the University, especially so that students can meet academic program requirements within a reasonable period of time.
B. To establish guidelines and procedures under which students may enroll at two or more University of Hawai‘i campuses in the same semester.
C. These guidelines and procedures shall apply to all students within the University of Hawai‘i.
A. “Concurrent Registration” means registration at a home campus, and at one or more other campuses of the University of Hawai‘i according to the procedures outlined herein.
B. “Concurrent Registrant” means a student who participates in concurrent registration.
C. “Home Campus” means the campus at which a student is pursuing a certificate, a diploma, or a degree.
III. Executive Policy
A. Students who are enrolled at or admitted to any UH institution will be eligible to register at any of the community colleges without having to apply for admission at the other community college campuses. Students will be able take non-restricted courses, at the community college campuses, for which they qualify (e.g., meet prerequisite, major or other requirement). Separate applications will be needed if students are applying to different programs at different campuses.
B. Students at any of the four-year UH institutions may register in unrestricted courses at the community colleges. Community college students may register at other community colleges; however, community college students may not register for courses at the four-year universities unless they have been formally admitted. Likewise, students at one four-year institution may not take regular courses at another four-year institution, unless they have been formally admitted.
C. Only the institution that is offering the course can grant registration overrides (special approvals) to students. For example, if a Leeward CC student desires to take a class at Windward CC that is full, an override to exceed the maximum enrollment must be granted by Windward CC.
1. A concurrent registrant who is a recipient of financial aid must consult with their home campus Financial Aid Office to determine any impact on their financial aid resulting from concurrent enrollment.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Subject Matter Experts
Office of the Vice President for Academic Planning and Policy
Office of the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs at telephone number 956-8753 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Associated Board of Regents policies: RP 5.205, Academic Calendar; RP 5.211, Admissions; and RP 5.212, Early Admissions Policies
A. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
B. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.