UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
8. Business and Finance
- 105. Delegation of Authority to Execute Contracts for Goods, Services, and Construction; Granting Concessions and Cooperative Agreements
- 107. Delegation of Authority to Execute Contracts Goods, Services, and Construction Less Than $25,000
- 108. Delegation of Authority to Develop Purchasing Card Program Policies and Procedures
- 110. Delegation of Authority to Execute Contracts for Ticket Sales for Non-University of Hawai‘i Athletic Events Using University Ticketing System
- 111. Delegation of Authority to Execute Contracts for Procuring Goods and Services and Entering into Athletic Contest and Revenue-Generating Agreements for the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- 112. Delegation of Authority to Execute Revenue-Generating Corporate Sponsorship Agreements for the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics, University of Hawai'i at Hilo
- 200. Policy on Contracts and Signing Authority
- 201. Cash Management And Short-Term Investment of Operating Funds
- 204. University Audits
- 205. Indicia and Licensing Policy
- 207. Risk Management
- 208. Travel
- 209. Fund Raising
- 210. Systemwide Financial Reserves
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 8.208 Executive Policy 8.208
Executive Policy EP 8.208
Executive Policy Chapter 8, Business and Finance
Executive Policy EP 8.208, Travel
Effective Date: October 2014
Dates Amended: April 2011; July 2000
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer
Governing Board of Regents Policy: RP 8.207, Travel
Review Date: August 2018
A. To delegate responsibility to authorize and approve travel plans and expenses to Vice Presidents, Chancellors, Vice Chancellors, Deans, and Directors.
B. To ensure that University employees, students and any others who travel on approved University business, use University resources responsibly and prudently.
C. To ensure University travel policies and procedures comply with federal and state laws.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Executive Policy
A. All official travel should be prudently planned so that the best interests of the University are served at the most reasonable cost. Any individual traveling on University business is expected to exercise the same economy that a practical person would exercise when traveling on personal business using personal funds. Individuals shall not incur inappropriate or excessive expenses, or gain financially from the University travel. Excessive costs or unjustified costs are not acceptable and will not be reimbursed.
B. The individual requesting reimbursement from the University is responsible for insuring that expenses and related reimbursement requests comply with applicable policies, is properly authorized and is supported with necessary receipts and documentation.
C. No person shall approve his/her own travel request and expenses. Travel authorization shall be approved by the next higher authority over the requester.
D. University travel policies and procedures shall comply with external regulations, such as State of Hawai‘i laws and federal cost regulations under OMB Circular A-21, Internal Revenue Code tax regulations, and National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) regulations.
E. Travel connected to a contract or grant shall be authorized by the funding agency. Individuals shall be familiar with specific cost allowability provisions of their sponsored program.
IV. Delegation of Authority
A. Authority is delegated to Vice Presidents, Chancellors, Vice Chancellors, Deans and Directors or designee to approve travel plans and travel expenses
B. Individuals who have been delegated authorization to approve travel are responsible for exercising discretion in determining that travel expenses are reasonable and appropriate and may deny payment or reimbursement of travel expenses.
V. Contact Information
Subject Matter Experts
Office of the Vice President for Budget and Finance and Chief Financial Officer at 956-8903 or email@example.com
A. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
B. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
C. AP 8.851 – Employee Out-of-State and Intra-State Travel http://www.hawaii.edu/svpa/apm/disb/a8851.pdf
D. University of Hawai‘i eTravel website - http://www.hawaii.edu/etravel/
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.