UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- 201. Ethical Standards of Conduct
- 202. Principal Investigator
- 203. Right to Investigate & Disseminate
- 204. Classified Contracts
- 205. Patent and Copyright Policy
- 206. Establishment and Review of Organized Research Units
- 207. Research Corporation of the University of Hawai‘i (“RCUH”)
- 208. Regents Awards for Excellence in Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 12.206 Board of Regents Policy 12.206
Establishment and Review of Organized Research Units
Regents Policy Chapter 12, Research
Regents Policy RP 12.206, Establishment and Review of Organized Research Units
Effective Date: Mar. 17, 2011
Prior Dates Amended: Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2019
To set forth policy regarding the establishment and review of organized research units.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. The board approves extra-departmental administrative structures, commonly referred to as organized research units (“ORU”). ORU provides a locus for faculty, staff and students to engage in focused, collaborative research and training activities. They are expected to generate significant grant and contract funding.
B. The president shall establish procedures for review of proposed ORU, including review and recommendations by the relevant campus faculty senate and administrative officers.
C. No organized research unit may be formally established or discontinued until review as prescribed by the president has been completed, the president makes a recommendation to the board and the board has given its approval.
D. Once established, an organized research unit will be reviewed periodically at intervals of seven years or less, according to procedures established by the president.
E. All major reorganizations of the administrative structure of an organized research unit must be in conformance with provisions of the board policy on establishment and reorganization of organizational units.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Office of the Vice President for Research & Innovation, 956-5006, Syrmos@hawaii.edu
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.