UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- - 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 2.204 Board of Regents Policy 2.204
Policy on Board Self-Evaluation
Regents Policy Chapter 2, Administration
Regents Policy RP 2.204, Policy on Board Self-Evaluation
Effective Date: Oct. 19, 2006
Prior Dates Amended: Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2017
To set forth policy regarding the purposes, policy, responsibility, process and outcomes on board self-evaluation.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
B. The purposes of a periodic self-evaluation are to enable the board to strengthen its performance, identify and reach consensus on its goals, ensure that the board has a clear grasp of its responsibilities, strengthen relationships among board members and especially with the president, and clarify expectations among board members and with the president.
1. The board shall conduct a self-study of its stewardship every two years.
1. It shall be the responsibility of the president and the chairperson to plan a special workshop devoted entirely to reviewing the board’s work.
1. To allow for necessary planning, a workshop date and meeting site shall be agreed upon by the board at least three months in advance. At least eight hours of meeting time shall be allotted, preferably split between two consecutive days. Ordinarily, only the regents and the president shall participate.
2. A facilitator not directly connected with the institution may be retained to help plan and conduct the workshop. He/she shall have requisite knowledge of trusteeship, institutional governance, and the conduct of the academic presidency, along with good group-facilitation skills. With his/her assistance, an appropriate written survey may be selected or developed for completion by all board members. A summary of all board member responses to the survey, without attribution, shall be provided to all board members before the workshop. These results shall be the basis for discussion.
3. The board shall not be officially convened to transact university business. Rather, the workshop is intended to explore opportunities to strengthen the board’s effective, including its relationships with the president and stakeholders.
1. The workshop shall be planned and conducted in such a way that the board and the president can decide on explicit actions for subsequent considerations. These shall be summarized in writing within a reasonable time and distributed to all board members. The chairperson and the president shall be responsible for ensuring appropriate follow-up.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Office of the Board of Regents, 956-8213, firstname.lastname@example.org
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
Approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.