UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 9.203 Board of Regents Policy 9.203
Regents Policy Chapter 9, Personnel
Regents Policy RP 9.203, Collective Bargaining
Effective Date: Oct. 20, 1978
Prior Dates Amended: Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2019
To establish policy regarding collective bargaining.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. The university shall negotiate and consult with the exclusive employee representative and administer the collective bargaining agreement in accordance with Chapter 89, Collective Bargaining in Public Employment, Hawai‘i Revised Statutes, as amended.
1. Personnel in bargaining units. Wages, hours, and other terms and conditions of employment shall be subject to the provisions of negotiated agreements listed below between the exclusive representative and the employer.
a. Agreement between the University of Hawai‘i and the exclusive representative for the faculty of the University of Hawai‘i (Bargaining Unit 7).
b. Agreement between the University of Hawai‘i and the exclusive representative for the personnel of the university other than faculty (APT – Bargaining Unit 8).
c. Agreements for the respective bargaining units for civil service personnel shall be as negotiated by the State of Hawai‘i and the exclusive representative for each bargaining unit.
2. Personnel not in bargaining units. Wages, hours, and other terms and conditions of employment for all personnel excluded from a bargaining unit shall be provided by law or action of the board whichever is applicable.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Office of the Vice President for Administration, 956-6405, email@example.com
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.