UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- 201. Personnel
- 202. Classification Plans and Compensation Schedules
- 203. Collective Bargaining
- 204. Employment of Relatives
- 205. Political Activity
- 206. Faculty and Staff Renewal and Vitality Plans
- 207. Outside Employment
- 208. Relocation Allowances
- 209. University Housing Assistance Program
- 210. Faculty Sick Leave Policy
- 211. Health Fund and Retirement Benefits
- 212. Executive and Managerial Personnel Policies
- 213. Evaluation of Board of Regents’ Appointees
- 214. Teaching Assignments for Instructional Faculty
- 215. Excluded Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) Employees’ Personnel Policies
- 216. Travel Per Diem
- 217. Waiver of Oath of Loyalty for Select Employees
- 218. Delegation of Personnel Actions
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 9.213 Board of Regents Policy 9.213
Evaluation of Board of Regents’ Appointees
Regents Policy Chapter 9, Personnel
Regents Policy RP 9.213, Evaluation of Board of Regents’ Appointees
Effective Date: Oct. 16, 1981
Prior Dates Amended: Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2019
To set forth policy on evaluations of Board of Regents’ appointees.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. Board appointees will be evaluated periodically in accordance with the guidelines below and the specific procedures developed by the appropriate administrative offices to implement this policy. These performance evaluations shall be conducted in order:
1. To provide assurance to the university and its constituents that professional staff resources and particular areas of expertise are being used to the best advantage;
2. To provide for the systematic recognition of excellence and develop incentives for superior performance; and
3. To provide means for the improvement of performance in furtherance of the university’s mission.
B. In recognition of the special role of the faculty in the academic mission of the university, procedures for periodic review of faculty performance must provide safeguards for academic freedom and shall provide the opportunity for participation of faculty peers in the review process. Accordingly, each chancellor, in consultation with appropriate faculty governance organizations, shall develop procedures for such review which incorporate these principles. The procedure shall include a requirement for evaluation of every faculty member at least once every five years, and may provide for exempting faculty who have undergone a review for reappointment, tenure, or promotion, or who have received a merit salary increase during this period. Faculty review procedures shall be submitted by the chancellor for approval by the president.
C. Administrative, professional, and technical (APT) employees shall be evaluated at least once every three years according to procedures approved by the president.
D. Employees in the executive and managerial classifications shall be evaluated annually as specified in RP 9.212.
E. For any campus which does not have an approved faculty review procedure development in accordance with paragraph b. above for implementation in academic year 1981-82, faculty shall be evaluated according to procedures approved by the president. These procedures shall remain in effect until procedures developed in accordance with section b. are approved and implemented.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Office of the Vice President for Administration, 956-6405, firstname.lastname@example.org
B. EP 9.202
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.