UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- Current Policies
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
5. Academic Affairs
- 201. Instructional Programs
- 202. Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- 203. Distinguished Academic Chairs
- 204. Affiliations and Cooperating Agencies with non University Entities
- 205. Academic Calendar
- 206. Establishment and Review of Centers and Institutes
- 207. Graduate Programs
- 208. Conferring of Academic Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates
- 209. Honorary Degrees and Regents’ Medals, and University Distinguished Professor
- 210. Distance Education and Offsite Instruction
- 211. Admissions
- 212. Early Admission Policies
- 213. General Education
- 214. Student and Credit Transfer within the University
- 215. University Centers
- 216. Library
- 217. University of Hawai‘i Press
- 218. Implementation of Policy
- 219. Emeritus/Emerita Title
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 5.204 Board of Regents Policy 5.204
Affiliations and Cooperating Agencies with non University Entities
Regents Policy Chapter 5, Academic Affairs
Regents Policy RP 5.204, Affiliations and Cooperating Agencies with non University Entities
Effective Date: Oct. 18, 2002
Prior Dates Amended: Jan. 13, 1966; Oct. 20, 1978; May 11, 1990; Oct. 9, 1998; Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2018
To set forth policy regarding guidelines on affiliations and cooperating relationships with selected institutions and other bodies.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. The board shall approve the establishment of affiliations and cooperating relationships with selected institutions and other bodies as it may deem appropriate.
B. Affiliations and cooperating relationships should focus on strengthening the university’s mission and particularly its position as the research, training and cultural center of the Pacific Basin.
C. Agreements that commit significant university financial resources and/or have significant impact on programs and policy shall require the prior approval of the board.
D. The president is delegated the authority to enter into appropriate agreements that do not commit significant financial resources and/or have significant impact on programs.
E. The president shall establish appropriate procedures for the review of agreements and provide reports to the board upon request.
IV. Delegation of Authority
The president is delegated the authority to enter into appropriate agreements. See RP 5.204(D).
V. Contact Information
Office of the Board of Regents, 956-8213, email@example.com
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
Approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.