UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
5. Academic Affairs
- 201. Instructional Programs
- 202. Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- 203. Distinguished Academic Chairs
- 204. Affiliations and Cooperating Agencies with non University Entities
- 205. Academic Calendar
- 206. Establishment and Review of Centers and Institutes
- 207. Graduate Programs
- 208. Conferring of Academic Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates
- 209. Honorary Degrees and Regents’ Medals, and University Distinguished Professor
- 210. Distance Education and Offsite Instruction
- 211. Admissions
- 212. Early Admission Policies
- 213. General Education
- 214. Student and Credit Transfer within the University
- 215. University Centers
- 216. Library
- 217. University of Hawai‘i Press
- 218. Implementation of Policy
- 219. Emeritus/Emerita Title
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 5.216 Board of Regents Policy 5.216
Regents Policy Chapter 5, Academic Affairs
Regents Policy RP 5.216, Library
Effective Date: Mar. 17, 1995
Prior Dates Amended: May 16, 1974; Mar. 25, 1970; Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2018
To set forth policy regarding university library rules, regulations, and fees.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. The board delegates to the president the authority to establish rules and regulations pertaining to:
1. Borrowing periods;
2. Fines and assessments of other costs in connection with delinquent or non-return of library materials; and
3. Theft and mutilations of materials.
B. University Library Fees for Cost Recovery Services.
1. The board delegates to the president the establishment of a library cost recovery fee and the authority to approve future fee increases of up to 15% of the published fee provided such increases are posted for 30 days prior to implementation.
2. Cost recovery services include those specified in the fee schedule which go beyond the scope of academic support and are not to include those services basic to academic support such as reference and referral, instruction and circulation.
IV. Delegation of Authority
The board delegates to the president the authority to establish rules and regulations pertaining to borrowing periods, fines, assessments, theft and mutilations of materials, and library cost recovery fees. See RP 5.216(A) and (B)(1).
V. Contact Information
Office of the Board of Regents, 956-8213, email@example.com
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
Approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.