UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
7. Student Affairs
- 201. Student Organizations
- 202. Chartered Student Organizations (CSO)
- 203. Registered Independent Organization (RIO)
- 204. Regents’ Policy on System-wide Student Involvement
- 205. Student Housing
- 206. Student Finances
- 207. Clinical & Mental Health Services; & International Student Health
- 208. Intercollegiate Athletics
- 209. Alumni Organizations
- 210. Electronic Channels for Communicating with Students
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 7.210 Board of Regents Policy 7.210
Electronic Channels for Communicating with Students
Regents Policy Chapter 7, Student Affairs
Regents Policy RP 7.210, Electronic Channels for Communicating with Students
Effective Date: Dec. 15, 2005
Prior Dates Amended: Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2018
To set forth policy regarding electronic channels for communicating with students.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. The university shall provide students with cost-efficient electronic dissemination of information that is timely, accurate and appropriate. The information shall be consistent with the university’s educational mission of teaching/learning, research and service; applicable statutes, standards, and regulations of the university’s use and management of information technology resources; and with related federal and state regulations, including those governing the individual privacy of students.
a. The president or the president’s designee(s) shall be responsible for the implementation of this policy.
b. The president or the president’s designees(s) shall develop and disseminate the necessary procedures and guidelines to implement the program.
2. The UH username shall be the official email address for email communications with students within the university system and for notifications such as legal action, financial notice, health and safety action, and academic action.
a. The university shall be responsible for ensuring that information provided through mass electronic communication channels is accessible.
b. Contact information for the disability services offices shall be readily available to all students so that students with disabilities may request accommodations, including receiving the information in an alternate form.
c. Students shall be responsible for staying current with university communications through regular access to the university’s electronic communication channels.
a. Students shall be responsible for protecting their own privacy.
b. Sensitive and confidential information shall be accurate and consistent with appropriate rules and laws governing the individual privacy of students and other individuals.
c. Confidentiality regarding student records is protected under the Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) and as such all email shall be consistent with FERPA, Hawai‘i Administrative Rules, and related university policies.
IV. Delegation of Authority
The president or the president’s designee(s) shall be responsible for the implementation of this policy. See RP 7.210(A)(1)(a).
The president or the president’s designee(s) shall develop and disseminate the necessary procedures and guidelines to implement the program. See RP 7.210(A)(1)(b).
V. Contact Information
Office of the Board of Regents, 956-8213, email@example.com
C. EP 7.207
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.