UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
8. Business and Finance
- 201. Contracts and Official Documents
- 202. Designation of Depositories, Checks and Vouchers
- 203. Operating Reserves; Non-General Funds
- 204. University Budget (Operating and Capital Improvements)
- 205. University Projects
- 206. Purchases and Equipment Capitalization
- 207. Investments
- 208. Travel
- 209. Gifts
- 210. Fund Raising
- 211. Resolution on Use of New Income, Principal, and Investment of ASUH-Mānoa Stadium Stock Fund dated January 18, 1979
- 212. Guidelines on Use of Income from the University of Hawai‘i Mānoa Stadium Stock Fund, Proceeds from the Sale of the Kaimuki Observatory Lot and from the Rental of University Property
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 8.203 Board of Regents Policy 8.203
Operating Reserves; Non-General Funds
Regents Policy Chapter 8, Business and Finance
Regents Policy RP 8.203, Operating Reserves; Non-General Funds
Prior Dates Amended: Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2018
To set forth policy on operating reserves and non-general funds.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. The university shall maintain adequate levels of operating reserves from non-general fund revenues. The amount of operating reserves shall take into consideration such factors as adequate financial ratios to preserve positive bond ratings, compliance with accreditation requirements, if any, and other financial management considerations as deemed prudent by the president and the chief financial officer, in consultation with the board.
B. The board finds that, as a guidelines, operating reserves should be sufficient to provide for continued operations of the university for a minimum of two months. Understanding that each campus and unit of the university system operates under different circumstances and conditions, which may change over time, the board assigns the responsibility for the execution and implementation of this policy to the president, in consultation with the chief financial officer. Operating reserves in unrestricted non-general funds shall be monitored and reported quarterly to the Board of Regents.
C. The university shall also maintain adequate levels of operating reserves for restricted non-general funds within the statutory authority of the respective funds. Such operating reserves shall be monitored on a quarterly basis by the respective campus responsible for such funds and reported annually to the Board of Regents.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Office of the Board of Regents, 956-8213, firstname.lastname@example.org
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.