UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- 201. Personnel
- 202. Classification Plans and Compensation Schedules
- 203. Collective Bargaining
- 204. Employment of Relatives
- 205. Political Activity
- 206. Faculty and Staff Renewal and Vitality Plans
- 207. Outside Employment
- 208. Relocation Allowances
- 209. University Housing Assistance Program
- 210. Faculty Sick Leave Policy
- 211. Health Fund and Retirement Benefits
- 212. Executive and Managerial Personnel Policies
- 213. Evaluation of Board of Regents’ Appointees
- 214. Teaching Assignments for Instructional Faculty
- 215. Excluded Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) Employees’ Personnel Policies
- 216. Travel Per Diem
- 217. Waiver of Oath of Loyalty for Select Employees
- 218. Delegation of Personnel Actions
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 9.204 Board of Regents Policy 9.204
Employment of Relatives
Regents Policy Chapter 9, Personnel
Regents Policy RP 9.204, Employment of Relatives
Effective Date: Aug. 9, 1973
Prior Dates Amended: Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2019
To set forth policy regarding employment of relatives at the university.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. The following statement of nepotism shall govern the employment of relatives.
1. The recruitment procedures shall insure the employment of the most qualified person for each position, and the employment of a relative of a board or faculty member shall be determined by the same principles that apply to the employment of any other faculty member.
2. In case of supervisory relationships involving relatives, there shall be guarantees that those will not inhibit the free and open operation of the other members of the unit, and the relative that is in the supervisory position must disqualify himself/herself from all deliberations and actions affecting economic benefits of the relative and other actions where appropriate. Evaluation of performance and professional competence shall be carried out objectively and fairly through committees and outside review.
3. For the purpose of this action, “relative” includes husband-wife, parent-child, sibling, and any other familial relationship, including domestic partners.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Office of the Vice President for Administration, 956-6405, email@example.com
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.