Aloha! We are the Office of Research Compliance and we are here to help.
The Office of Research Compliance (ORC) assures the public that research at UH is performed responsibly. Established in 2012, ORC provides support and services to the University of Hawai`i system of 10 campuses.
We assure that research conducted in the system complies with federal, state, and university policies. Our office:
- Develops research compliance policies, procedures and guidelines
- Receives and handles allegations of research misconduct and whistleblower retaliation
- Approves and monitors adherence to research protocols
- Educates researchers on the responsible conduct of research
- Assists researchers in obtaining permits for importing regulated biomaterials into the state of Hawai`i
- Promotes an environment of research excellence
The Office of Research Compliance resides within the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research at UH Mānoa; however, we provide services to the entire UH system community.
To become the foremost institution for advancing research integrity through demonstration, research, and education
To enrich and protect researchers and the research enterprise at University of Hawai`i through education in, and assurance of, responsible research practices.
Fulfilling this mission will enhance the stature of the University of Hawai`i as a top-tier research institution better enabled to recruit and retain exceptional faculty, students and staff, and to attract major funding from both public and private sectors.
Enhancing the climate of research excellence at the University of Hawai`i