These forms are for the Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work only.
For Graduate Division forms, please go to the Graduate Division website.
All forms are in PDF format, and many are fillable (you can complete the form on your computer and print it). This requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view, fill, and print. Click here to download Acrobat Reader.
MSW Application Information
New students are admitted only for the fall semester.
Application DEADLINE for Fall 2020 Admission to the MSW Program
(for Mānoa campus-based option or Distance Education option)
February 3, 2020
- To view the MSW application process, click on this link to download the PowerPoint file.
- Welcome letter to applicants from the Director of Student Services
- Please click on this link to go to the MSW loading page for a list of upcoming MSW Admissions Information Sessions.
MSW Application Forms/Instructions
Applicants for admission to the MSW program at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa must submit two separate applications:
1. Application to the UH Mānoa Graduate Division for admission to the University:
See http://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/content/prospective-students for UHM Graduate Admissions application, requirements, and instructions.
Please note that UH Mānoa unclassified graduate students must apply again, for admission as a classified graduate student.
2. Application to the Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work for admission to the MSW program including required supporting documents as indicated in the instructions provided below:
- MSW Application Instructions
Please review instructions carefully to avoid errors and delays in reviewing your application.
- MSW Application Form
- Liberal Arts Background Form
- Statistical Information Form
- MSW Letter of Recommendation Form
- Resume Guidelines
- Personal Statement Guidelines
- Advanced Standing applicants: ADVANCED STANDING CRITERIA AND INSTRUCTIONS
- JD-MSW Dual Degree applicants: JD-MSW Dual Degree Form
- Official transcripts (refer to MSW Application Instructions)
- GRE or TOEFL/IELTS scores (if required; refer to MSW Application Instructions)
- MSW Application Frequently Asked Questions
Note: These forms were originally intended to be sent as a package, and may therefore contain instructions of that nature. For assistance with these forms, to request an application packet, or for additional information, please contact the Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work MSW Admissions Office at email@example.com, (808) 956-3833, or Gartley Hall Room 203.
- Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work MSW Financial Aid (Includes MSW Financial Aid Award Descriptions and Financial Aid Application Form)
- See https://www.hawaii.edu/sswork/financial-aid/ for further Financial Aid information.
Other MSW Forms/Documents
- New MSW Student Advisor List
- Continuing MSW Student Advisor List
- Distance Education (DE) MSW Student Advisor List (DE MSW Students)
- MSW Advising Form
- MSW Approved Electives
- MSW Handbook