(See also Official with Authority)
The University of Hawai’i has Title IX Coordinators and Deputy Title IX Coordinators on each campus to help address issues of sex discrimination and gender-based violence. Each campus Title IX Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the University’s response efforts at the campus level. The campus Title IX Coordinator and Deputy Title IX Coordinators are an Official with Authority under EP 1.204.
Information shared with these employees will put the University on notice of an allegation.
The responsibilities of the Title IX Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- promptly responding to all reports, allegations and/or formal complaints of prohibited behavior under EP 1.204;
- serving as the primary point of contact with all students, educating and informing them of their rights under EP 1.204 and any support services and programs;
- coordinating and implementing any supportive measures imposed under EP 1.204;
- managing the grievance process for formal complaints of alleged prohibited behavior;
- serving as the primary and central repository for all reports, allegations and/or formal complaints of violations of EP 1.204 on their campus;
- collecting, monitoring, and evaluating data and/or indicators of reports or instances of prohibited behavior under EP 1.204 for purposes of identifying and addressing any patterns or systemic problems;
- providing data and/or indicators of reports or instances of prohibited behavior under EP 1.204 to the Office of Institutional Equity (OIE);
- providing information regarding on and off campus support services and programs;
- ensuring prevention and awareness programs are conducted in an effective and responsible manner;
- serving as the primary liaison between their campus and community resources; and
- maintaining an updated list of all Confidential Resources on their respective campus.