Accessing LISTSERV via the Web (Subscribers)
This section provides a quick tour of the subscribers corner part of the Web interface. For more information about each page, refer to the online help (Help in the navigation panel). For your convenience some common tasks have been included in the next section.
To get started, click on Log In.
Navigating the Web Interface
- Top Banner – Default Page header
- Navigation bar – Appearing on the top side of the main form is the navigation bar. The navigation bar stays generally the same from page to page and contains links back to the various main areas of the Web interface that you have access to: List Management, Subscribers Corner, Email Lists, Preferences, and Log off.
- Options – Shows options such as Log Out, Change Password, and Search Archives.
- Help – This section contains links to documentation for users of the LISTSERV website
- Resources – Functions to request for a new LISTSERV, browsing other LISTSERV through the Catalist search, and information about the LISTSERV software
- Public Lists - LISTSERV that are marked public.
- Basic - Only the most common options are shown, but no tutorial text is displayed. This is the best mode for those users who are familiar with LISTSERV, but who are not experts and do not need to use the more advanced features. This setting is the default setting.
- Tutorial - Each web page is displayed with additional text that is meant to guide you through the options on the page. This is the best mode for beginners or for the occasional users.
- Expert - Each web page is displayed with no tutorial text, similar to Basic mode, and certain pages may contain advanced options that are not available with the Basic or Tutorial modes. The Expert mode is available for those users who are very familiar with LISTSERV or need access to any advanced settings.