These instructions are for setting up access to the UHM broadcasted wireless SSID at the UH-Manoa campus when using Windows XP.
- First, Click Start, select Connect To, and choose Wireless Network Connection.
- The Wireless Network Connection window appears and displays the wireless networks in range. Please select UHM to connect to the UHM wireless network. If UHM is not listed, click Refresh network list in the upper left corner.
Note: If you cannot see UHM listed, the wireless network may not be available in your area. A map of the UH-Manoa wireless network is located at http://www.hawaii.edu/wireless/map.
- Click Connect in the lower right corner. Windows XP will show its progress as it connects to the network. You may be prompted about connecting to an unsecured network. Click Connect Anyway.
- Once connected, you can close the Wireless Network Connection window.
- Finally, launch a web browser, like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, to login to the wireless network. Once logged in you are ready to browse the Web.