InCommon Certificate Program
Information Technology Services (ITS) has set up a contract with InCommon/Internet2 to
participate in the InCommon Certificate Program for the University of Hawaii
(UH) System. Sectigo (formerly Comodo) is the designated certification authority
for these licenses. Any UH Department in need of an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
Certificate using the hawaii.edu domain for UH purposes may participate
in this program at no charge. All certificates are issued for a 1-year duration;
multi-year certs are no longer available.
- InCommon SSL Certificate (SHA-2)
Example 1: www.dept.hawaii.edu
- InCommon Multi-Domain (MD) SSL Certificate / Unified Communication Cert (UCC)
SANs: www.dept.hawaii.edu, one.dept.hawaii.edu, two.dept.hawaii.edu
(there are no limit to the number of SANs you list)
How to request for a UH InCommon SSL Certificatebr> Note: for new UH web hosted SSL certificate, please submit #2 below only.
- Generate your
Certificate Signing Request (CSR) using the following example:
State or Province:
University of Hawaii
(Your Department name here)
All certs will be issued as SHA-2.
- Send the CSR to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Common Name:
- Cert Type:
- SANs (for MD Certs only):
- Issue Date:
- Technical Contact Name:
- Technical Contact Email Address:
(issued cert is sent by email; more than one email address can be listed)
- Technical Contact Phone#:
Instructions to install the certificate can be found at Comodo Support.
For any technical issues and troubleshooting, please contact Sectigo (formerly Comodo) directly:
- Knowledge Base: https://support.sectigo.com/Com_KnowledgeMainPage
- Submit a ticket: https://sectigo.com/support-ticket
- Phone: (888) 266-6361
- Chat: https://sectigo.com/support
If there are any questions regarding this program, please email email@example.com.