Uninstall McAfee, Enable Windows Defender (Windows)
If you are running a version of Windows 10 that is not compatible with the latest version of McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, you'll need to uninstall McAfee and Enable Windows Defender real-time protection.
Uninstall McAfee Virusscan Enterprise 8.8
- Right click the Windows logo on the bottom left and left click Apps and Features
- Click on McAfee Virusscan Enterprise and click on Uninstall.
- Click on McAfee Agent and click on Uninstall.
Enable Windows Defender Antivirus
Windows Defender Antivirus should automatically enable upon removal of all anti-virus programs however you can verify that real time protection is enabled.
- Click on the Windows logo on the bottom left corner and click on the gear icon (Settings).
- Click on Update & Security, then on Windows Security.
- Click on Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click on Virus & threat protection, then Virus & threat protection settings.
- Under Real-time protection, the toggle should be set to On.