Google@UH - Google Workspace for Education
All Google@UH users are licensed for Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals, which includes access to all of the core applications and features such as Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Meet, etc.
Faculty and Staff at UH are provided with a Google Workspace for Education Plus license in addition to the Education Fundamentals license. This Education Plus license add advanced features for Google Meet and Google Classroom:
- Record meetings. Recorded meetings are automatically saved to the host’s Google Drive. Note: recording had previously been temporarily provided to Educational institutions, regardless of licensing, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Access to polling, breakout room, and noise cancellation features.
- Increased participant limit of 500 for meetings. Up from the 100 participants allowed with the Fundamentals license.
- Faculty will have access to moderation controls.
- Access to unlimited originality reports in Google Classroom.
All Faculty and Staff at the University are automatically licensed for Google Workspace for Education Plus and no additional action is required to take advantage of these features. You can view a complete list of features for both Education Fundamentals and Education Plus, but please note that some features listed may not be available with your Google@UH account at this time (see below).
Education Plus features not available to licensed users on Google@UH
- Google Meet attendance tracking
- Google Meet live streaming
- Google Cloud Search
For more information on individual Google Applications (or application features) that are available to users via Google@UH, please visit the Google Service Availability Matrix below.