Mac OS X Information
"Mac OS X is a super-modern operating system that combines the power and stability of UNIX with the legendary elegance of the Macintosh." - Apple website
Minimum System Requirements
- A Mac with an Intel-based processor
- 2 GB of RAM or more*
- 8 GB of free hard disk space or more
See the ITS Computer Recommendations for details on suggested Macintosh specifications.
*For instructions on how to check your computer's RAM, please visit support.apple.com/en-us/HT201464
ITS Supported Version
- Mac OS X version 10.10 and above
Users and departments may download the latest version of this software through the Mac App Store. Follow upgrade instructions posted here.
- End of support for Mac OS 10.6, 10.7
- End of support for Mac OS 10.8, 10.9
- System requirements for OS 10.10
- System requirements for OS 10.11
Follow these instructions to keep your Mac OS X up to date.