Setting up UH Mail in Mac Mail
This document shows how to set up your UH mail in the Mac mail app available in all ITS supported versions of macOS. This tutorial is based on macOS 10.13 but the processes should be similar in other supported versions. For in depth instructions on how to use Mac Mail, please visit Apple’s support website at https://support.apple.com/mail
Step By Step Instructions
- Launch the mail app
- If this is not your first time, go to the Mail menu and select Preferences. Click on the Accounts icon, then click on the + button in the bottom left corner of the window.
- On the “Choose a Mail account provider…” screen, select Google and click Continue.
- Enter your full UH email in the sign in screen, then click Next.
- You will then be prompted for your UH Username and password. Fill out the appropriate information and click Log in.
- Mac Mail should now be setup to receive UH emails.
Enabling IMAP (Optional)
If you want more fine tuned controls of what labels can appear in the Mac Mail app, you may want to consider enabling IMAP in gmail. Instructions on how to enable IMAP can be found here.